When it comes to choosing which material is best for your new gutter system, you may realize there a many different options. These options include vinyl, steel, copper, wood, and aluminum. Aluminum gutters are a great way to complement your home and are very popular. They are not only very flexible and reliable, but they also have many different benefits.
Benefits of Aluminum Gutters
- Aluminum gutters hold more water, which is important during heavy downpours.
- Aluminum gutters are lightweight. They are easier to install than heavier materials and tend to sag less.
- Aluminum gutters are durable and last a long time. Not only do they resist to thinning over a period of time but they also stand up to snow and hail very well. They are expected to last up to 30 years, depending on maintenance, which makes it very cost effective.
- Aluminum gutters are a seamless gutter option. Many homeowners prefer seamless gutters because there are no seams which means no leaks. When there are no leaks in your gutters, water is effectively and safely transported away from your home. If your gutters do leak, then that could cause the water to drain down the side of your house causing many problems such as damage to your foundation, basement flooding, and mold and mildew. Luckily, aluminum gutters are a great option for seamless gutters.
- Aluminum doesn’t rust. Steel gutters may be more durable than aluminum but it is also very heavy. If you chose steel gutters, then you could experience rust or corrosion when leaves and debris begin to fill up your gutters.
- Aluminum gutters are very customizable to your homes, unlike copper or steel. They come in different gauges and thickness allowing you to create a custom solution to your home. This guarantees that the gutters are designed to fit any space on the roof or down the side of your home. If your home is oddly shaped and has a lot of angles, you will want to stay away from copper or steel gutters and choose a more flexible, customizable material instead.
- Aluminum gutters are aesthetically pleasing. They are very neutral and can make any type of home, from old country to modern, look in style and not out of place.
- Aluminum gutters provide you with a wider range of colors. They often come ready made in a variety of colors, meaning you do not have to paint them. Aluminum gutters are also not prone to bleaching that is caused by the sun, and therefore, will continue to look new throughout its lifecycle.
- Aluminum gutters require little maintenance. Besides cleaning out the gutters on a regular basis, there usually is not a lot of maintenance that goes along with aluminum gutters. This means there is no need to worry about priming, painting, or protecting the gutters.
- Aluminum gutters will not crack or shatter due to the change in temperature and is not affected by thermal expansion.
Choosing the right kind of material for your gutters that suit your needs can be overwhelming. It is important that you pick the one that you feel most comfortable with and that will compliment your home. The staff at GutterPros would be happy to assist you in determining whether or not aluminum gutters are the ones for you. Call us today at (314) 656-7195 to schedule a consultation so you can get your project started and completed in a timely manner.